Ritch's Search Box

Custom Search

Ritch's Search results

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Homecoming Part Three


Check out Homecoming Part Two

On looking, she saw that it was her best friend, while she was in college.

She was overjoyed and literally ran across the road, arms flying in the air – the traffic the least of her worries!

They hugged and exchanged pecks on the cheeks.

“Bena, where’ve you been, lady? You’ve grown so fat; just look at these shapely er…er… bums!” Mercy teased her friend.

“Don’t say that. Just look at yourself you’ve grown gorgeous, Mugure. Wow! Tell me, who’s the man behind your evident beauty? Who’s pampering you?” Bena asked, her eyes all over Mercy.

Mercy cast a rather icy look at her, softened and said, “Ah, no need to ask. I am behind all this. Let’s just say I am taking good care of myself. Okay, girlfriend?”

Bena grinned and pretended to be satisfied with the answer.

“By the way,” Bena said, “I met with your younger brother, Chege, four weeks ago and he told me to pass his regards to you if we ever met. Now we have. Receive them.”

Jolted, Mercy said, “Oh, you did. What a delight! Did he tell you about people at home?”

“No, he didn’t. When I met him he was in a hurry and he told me he was hurrying to see someone downtown. So, I didn’t want to bother him with questions.”

After sometime they parted ways, promising each other to keep in touch.

That evening, the thought of visiting home came down heavily upon Mercy. She thought about her home; her old parents; her siblings; and the many lives she had shattered.

She brushed that thought away.

“I must only think of the good things about my life at home. The negative should not spoil the party,” she told herself.

….. ….. ….. …. …..
The next day, at the office, she took a week’s off so that she could finalize everything she had in mind.

“People in my village must know that M zee Kuria has a daughter. Not just a daughter, but an affluent daughter at that. I’ll build my parents the best house in the district,” She mused.

That thought whet her appetite for the ‘homecoming’ experience.

To be Continued…

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin